Ukraine Military Shoots Down Russian Transport Plane 20km from Kyiv
This is a developing story and updates will follow:
Ukrainian forces claim to have shot down a Russian Il-76 Candid airlifter flying near the country’s capital Kyiv tonight, although there is no independent confirmation of this so far. Il-76s are generally used for heavy transport and paratrooper operations, though there are derivatives of the design that also serve as aerial refueling tankers and early warning aircraft. This comes as Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is now entering its third day.
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine: — “Our Air Defense Forces shot down 1L-76 with an enemy landing near Vasilkov (20 km South from Kyiv/Kiev) This is revenge for Luhansk 2014! Death to the Enemies !”
Stay informed of the latest Cybersecurity trends, threats and developments. Sign up for RiSec Weekly Cybersecurity Newsletter Today
Remember, CyberSecurity Starts With You!
- Globally, 30,000 websites are hacked daily.
- 64% of companies worldwide have experienced at least one form of a cyber attack.
- There were 20M breached records in March 2021.
- In 2020, ransomware cases grew by 150%.
- Email is responsible for around 94% of all malware.
- Every 39 seconds, there is a new attack somewhere on the web.
- An average of around 24,000 malicious mobile apps are blocked daily on the internet.
- Twitter discontinues text message two-factor authentication for non-Blue subscribers - 26 March 2023
- A Beginner’s Guide to Visual Studio Code: Interface, Features, Keyboard Shortcuts and More - 25 March 2023
- A Lesson in Privacy: The ChatGPT Bug and Its Implications for AI Conversations - 24 March 2023