Patient care is still being undermined at NHS mental health trusts and social care providers that were hit by a major cyber attack in August, doctors have warned.
Three months after the major attack wiped out NHS systems, patients’ records are missing, safety has been compromised, and medication doses are at risk of being missed amid ongoing “chaos”, i has been told.
Dr Andrew Molodynski, mental health lead at the British Medical Association, said the prolonged systems failure has damaged care because records are “integral to patients’ safety”.Reports, Connie Dimsdale, iNews
Read more at iNews.
Note: This was a Lockbit 3.0 attack, although it is not listed on Lockbit’s leak site. Updates by the software firm can be found linked from https://www.oneadvanced.com/cyber-incident/#updates
Stay informed of the latest Cybersecurity trends, threats and developments. Sign up for our Weekly Cybersecurity Newsletter Today.
Remember, CyberSecurity Starts With You!
- Globally, 30,000 websites are hacked daily.
- 64% of companies worldwide have experienced at least one form of a cyber attack.
- There were 20M breached records in March 2021.
- In 2020, ransomware cases grew by 150%.
- Email is responsible for around 94% of all malware.
- Every 39 seconds, there is a new attack somewhere on the web.
- An average of around 24,000 malicious mobile apps are blocked daily on the internet.
- Researchers Quietly Cracked Zeppelin Ransomware Keys - 23 November 2022
- Disneyland Malware Team: It’s a Puny World After All - 23 November 2022
- Top Zeus Botnet Suspect “Tank” Arrested in Geneva - 23 November 2022