WP-UserOnline Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) PoC – 2.87.6 <=
A Stored XSS Vulnerability was discovered in WordPress plugin, WP-UserOnline, by security researcher Steffin Stanly. With over 20,000 Active Installations, site administrators are urged to update to the latest available version ( 2.88.0 ) which addresses this vulnerability.
Exploit Author: Steffin Stanly
Vendor Homepage: https://github.com/lesterchan/wp-useronline
Software Link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-useronline/
Tested on Windows
How to reproduce vulnerability:
- Install WordPress 6.0.1 2.
- Install and activate WP-UserOnline plugin.
- Navigate to Setting >> WP-UserOnline and enter the data into the User(s) Browsing Site.
- Add the following payload, and save changes.
Suggest an edit to this article
Go to Cybersecurity Knowledge Base
Got to the Latest Cybersecurity News
Stay informed of the latest Cybersecurity trends, threats and developments. Sign up for our Weekly Cybersecurity Newsletter Today.
Remember, CyberSecurity Starts With You!
- Globally, 30,000 websites are hacked daily.
- 64% of companies worldwide have experienced at least one form of a cyber attack.
- There were 20M breached records in March 2021.
- In 2020, ransomware cases grew by 150%.
- Email is responsible for around 94% of all malware.
- Every 39 seconds, there is a new attack somewhere on the web.
- An average of around 24,000 malicious mobile apps are blocked daily on the internet.