The popular open-source Linux distribution, Kali Linux, specialized for penetration testing, ethical hacking and security auditing, can now be used by Linode customers.
Getting Kali Linux on Linode
The infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) platform provider, recently acquired by Akamai, offers two ways to get Kali:
- A bare-install version in the form of an official Kali distribution (without a GUI and tools) that can be deployed on any Linode compute instance and used via a command line interface
- A Kali Linux Marketplace app (with an XFCE user interface, a full suite of tools, and various additional options)
Getting the app allows for more customization:
Stay informed of the latest Cybersecurity trends, threats and developments. Sign up for our Weekly Cybersecurity Newsletter Today.
Remember, CyberSecurity Starts With You!
- Globally, 30,000 websites are hacked daily.
- 64% of companies worldwide have experienced at least one form of a cyber attack.
- There were 20M breached records in March 2021.
- In 2020, ransomware cases grew by 150%.
- Email is responsible for around 94% of all malware.
- Every 39 seconds, there is a new attack somewhere on the web.
- An average of around 24,000 malicious mobile apps are blocked daily on the internet.
2,476 total views, 14 views today