Malware-related cyber-threats in operational technology (OT) and Internet of Things (IoT) environments jumped tenfold year-on-year in the first six months of 2023, according to Nozomi Networks.
The security vendor compiled its latest Nozomi Networks Labs OT & IoT Security Report from ICS vulnerabilities, data from IoT honeypots and attack statistics from OT environments.
“Specific to malware, denial-of-service (DoS) activity remains one of the most prevalent attacks against OT systems,” the vendor explained in a blog post announcing the report.
Continue reading on InfoSecurity-Magazine
Check out our new Discord Cyber Awareness Server. Stay informed with CVE Alerts, Cybersecurity News & More!
Remember, CyberSecurity Starts With You!
- Globally, 30,000 websites are hacked daily.
- 64% of companies worldwide have experienced at least one form of a cyber attack.
- There were 20M breached records in March 2021.
- In 2020, ransomware cases grew by 150%.
- Email is responsible for around 94% of all malware.
- Every 39 seconds, there is a new attack somewhere on the web.
- An average of around 24,000 malicious mobile apps are blocked daily on the internet.