UK’s Leading Cybersecurity Agency Urges Business Leaders to Take Cyber Risks Seriously
The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) of the UK has released an updated Cyber Security Board Toolkit and is urging business leaders to take cyber risks seriously. The NCSC believes that senior executives must become more familiar with cyber risk to be confident when discussing security with key stakeholders. Since breaches can have a significant impact on business operations and growth, the NCSC advises boards to treat cyber risks with the same level of urgency as other business risks, such as financial and legal risks. Additionally, the NCSC has launched two new tools to support small businesses.
Suggest an edit to this article
Remember, CyberSecurity Starts With You!
- Globally, 30,000 websites are hacked daily.
- 64% of companies worldwide have experienced at least one form of a cyber attack.
- There were 20M breached records in March 2021.
- In 2020, ransomware cases grew by 150%.
- Email is responsible for around 94% of all malware.
- Every 39 seconds, there is a new attack somewhere on the web.
- An average of around 24,000 malicious mobile apps are blocked daily on the internet.